Trailnet is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to lead in fostering healthy and active communities through innovative programs, planning, and policy that promote walking and bicycling throughout the St. Louis bi-state region.
Download the Trailnet overview here.
Trailnet was founded in 1988 to promote the St. Louis Riverfront Trail as one of the City's longest multi-use recreational trails. Since then, Trailnet has led or partnered in development of the bi-state regional trail network (get it, 'Trailnet'?). But we don't do Trail-networking any more. See What does Trailnet do?
Trailnet adheres to five core values: activity, sustainability, vision, collaboration and professionalism.
- Activity - Trailnet demonstrates, encourages and facilitates healthy lifestyles through our programs and activities.
- Sustainability - Trailnet organizes, promotes and models environmentally-friendly practices and behaviors throughout the region.
- Vision - Trailnet embraces a leadership role in generating and implementing creative ideas and strategies to accomplish our mission and engage individuals, families and organizations in new and more effective ways.
- Collaboration - Trailnet serves as a galvanizing force in the region to identify and bring together resources, organizations and ideas. Trailnet seeks partnerships to achieve our goals.
- Professionalism - Trailnet is accountable, ethical, respectful and financially sound. Trailnet sets high standards for themselves and their programs, delivers on their promises, and measures outcomes as a means of continuing improvement in all areas.
Well, we don't build or maintain trails.
It's simple to become a Trailnet member. Click here to learn more.
You can also email Carol at email@example.com or call her at 314-436-1324 x103 and tell her you'd like to become a Trailnet member!
Trailnet is always looking for partners who can contribute to our efforts to foster healthy and active communitites. Click here to sign up. Or contact Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 314-436-1324 x103 and tell her you'd like to volunteer!
Click here for a staff directory.
Trailnet needs support to deliver our programs and make the bi-state region more livable. The best thing that you can do is tell somebody else about Trailnet! Your personal testimony about Trailnet and your experiences with our work and staff is the best compliment you can give. And since Trailnet is a membership-supported nonprofit organization, becoming a member is a huge help. Click here to learn more about membership.
Not interested in membership? That's OK! You can also volunteer for Trailnet. Trailnet is always looking for friends who can give their time to something in which they believe. Click here to sign up.
How else can you support Trailnet? Well donations are always appreciated! Trailnet's online donation process is quick and easy and allows you to contribute to something greater than yourself. Click here to donate now! You can also contact Kay Barnes at 314-436-1324 x104 or email her at email@example.com.
Trailnet always has something going on. Check out the 'next big thing' on our calendar!
The majority of Trailnet's work focuses on the Missouri-Illinois bi-state region, but we also work with national partners working to promote and educate about healthy and active lifestyles. Check out Our Work to learn more about Trailnet and our partnerships.
Trailnet's programming, policy and planning work benefits all residents of the Missouri-Illinois bi-state region. Find out more by checking out Our Work.
Promotional partnership packages are available for those organizations who would like to reach Trailnet's active audience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Many companies believe in giving back to their communities. If you feel that your business or organization would like to support Trailnet, please contact Kay at email@example.com or 314-436-1324 x 104.
There are lots of places safe, secure trails and routes for you to ride. Click here for more information.